Yesterday I posted a recipe for homemade Nutella. You can read that post here. Today I thought I would show you just one delicious dessert you can make with either your homemade or store-bought Nutella. What I love is that the whole thing from start to finish takes 3 minutes, so there is virtually no wait to satisfy your chocolate cravings.
Nutella Cake in a Mug (adapted from Stay at Home Mum)
- 4 tablespoons self raising flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar (I use 3 and it is still sweet)
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons Nutella
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Combine all ingredients in a large mug.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Microwave on high for 1½– 3 minutes, depending on the wattage of your microwave.
- Serve with cream or ice-cream for an indulgent dessert.
The original recipe says it serves 1, but it is huge. The mug in the picture above is massive. Now I portion it into 2 kid’s mugs and 2 teacups for our family and reduce the cooking time. Served with a small scoop of ice cream, it is more than enough of a dessert for everyone.
If you are anything like me, you might want to undercook your cake so is still a little gooey. Serve it hot out of the microwave and it is fabulously fudgy.
I certainly urge you to give this one a go if you are short on time or your sweet tooth needs instant satisfaction. Yum!