Previously, I had written about my New Year’s Resolution to make my days run smoother. I realised the key to success would be my morning and evening routine. Last week I listed some of the tasks that I included in my evening routine to ensure my following day started off on the right foot. Today, I thought I would share with you my morning tasks that ensure that the rest of the day runs smoothly for me.
- Go for a walk – This is the first thing I do every morning. I find I feel a lot more energised and ready to face the day after a walk
- Drink a glass of warm lemon water – this gets the fluid intake going early in the day and the lemon aids all sorts of things such as digestion and the immune system
- Unpack the dishwasher – as the dishwasher was run while I was sleeping, the dishes are dry and washer is then ready for dishes used throughout the day
- Do any last lunch box preparation and packing
- Unload the washing machine – the cycle, set on timer the night before, finishes just as I am returning from my morning walk. While I am happy to wash clothes, I loathe hanging them out and bringing them in. This is hubby’s task. Until he reliably remembers that each morning there is washing to hang up, I unload the washing machine and place the full clothes basket in the hall so he can’t miss it.
- Make the beds
There are also things on the ‘not to do’ list as well.
- Turn on the television
- Hop on the computer to check emails, Facebook etcetera
- Be side tracked by non-urgent tasks (usually cleaning tasks). They can wait till later.
By completing this small list of tasks, I immeasurably improve the running of the rest of my day. I have still left ample time in the mornings to have a play with the kids, eat breakfast, shower and dress for the day in a very civilised fashion.
Between the morning and evening tasks, things are running relatively smoothly in the Crooked Household. Far less flying by the seat of our pants moments!